Saturday, September 12, 2009

How We Met...

Have you ever had a Sunday Night where you just wanted to stay home? Well, I have to say I have those on occasion. We had a visiting minister at church. I was doing a long term sub position at the time and just felt I wanted to go to bed early. But God kept prompting me to go to church. I was so back and forth but eventually got myself out the door and into church. Church was crowded that night. I just wanted to quickly find a spot to sit. I went down a random isle and asked this guy if the seat was taken next to him. He said, "no." I didn't think much. I just sat down. He introduced himself to me and we talked a little. Well, I remember that he talked a lot. He was even talking during the service. After church, He asked when I went to service and I told him. I have to say that I didn't think to much about it because we attend a rather large church. When you meet someone there are times you do not see that person again. But God had other plans.

Fast forward to a year later....This guy asked me to be his wife which is something I had been praying about since I was teenager.

Never disregard the small promptings of God. In this case, I know that I still would have met my Mr. because it was part of God's plan for me. Yet, I would have probably delayed things. I am so glad I obeyed that night. This is one night God showed me the importance of small promptings. The importance of obeying in what we might consider little things. It makes me wonder how God sees these things. Does He consider some things small and some big or does He see them all the same?

No comments: