Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Meditations from Ephesians 2

Today, I am meditating on Ephesians 2. The following verses really stuck out to me.

v4 because of His love for me v5 He made me alive v6 He seated me in heavenly places
v7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace
v8 saved by grace through faith; and that not of myself, it is the gift of God
v9 not as a result of works
v10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them
v13 He has brought me near
v18 through Him we have access to the Father

He is so good to us! It is not something we earned or are able to earn by the things we do (works). At the same time He prepared good works in advance so that we could walk in them. He brought us near and gives us access to the Father.

What are you meditating on?

No comments: