Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Yesterday

I got up without a job; so I got to watch the web and listen for the phone. I have to admit I did go back to bed for like ten minutes but I couldn't get back to sleep. When I went back to check the computer, there was an opportunity to teach first grade. I took it before I could think about going back to bed or I would have missed the opportunity to see the hand of God on my life.

On the way to work, I listened to Everyone Overcome by the Desperation Band. It is an amazing CD. I really enjoy it! It is praise and worship that was done by the youth band from New Life Church. (I do not attend church here. An over 20 hour commute would be way too much for me. Besides I have a great church that I belong to.) My favorite song is Counting On God. Some of the scripture that the song reminds me of is: Ephesians 6:11-13, 1 Peter 1:6-9, and Matthew 6. (I just included verses 33-34.)

Ephesians 6:11-13
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

1 Peter 1:6-9
6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while,if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 8 and though you have not seen Him, love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.

Matthew 6:33-34
33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I found the scriptures at Bible Gateway. (And no I don't work for them. I will get one of those non-disclosure agreements soon.)

Yesterday, I chose to get up and trust the Father to guide my steps to the right classroom. I prayed over the classroom and my students for the day during my drive. The result was a peaceful day because I looked to and trusted in God. The decision is a daily one. It is a choice whether we will trust God and seek Him. There are times in our lives that it is easier to do this. I have been there. I don't have the luxury of being there now but I am growing closer to the Father because of it.

How about you? Are you in a place that it is easier to trust God? Are you just going through the motions? Or are you in a place like I am where each day is full of unknowns? I am not in a comfortable place. Yet, I am choosing to be content, focus my eyes on God and trust that He is taking care of me.

No comments: